TFBT’s Strawberry “Sweet Heat” Salsa continues to be a “hot” commodity after more than a dozen years! Whether you purchase your salsa from one of our local vendors throughout the year or stop by our booth at the Troy Strawberry Festival in June, you are helping make our Troy students’ educational dreams a reality with each jar’s profit supporting Last Dollar Grants. These jars make wonderful gifts with “Troy, Ohio” noted on the label.
Be sure to see the TOP 10 LIST below of recipe favorites.
Purchase your jars at our awesome vendor locations in Troy, Ohio:
Winans Chocolates & Coffees
10 W. Main St.
Fulton Farms Market
2393 St. Rt. 202
Bakehouse Bread & Cookie Company
317 Public Sq. SW
502 Garfield Avenue
We asked our chef to give us the TOP 10 WAYS to enjoy this delicious Strawberry Salsa. Here is what she said:
- Line a plate or a large rimmed bowl with lettuce. Put down a block of full of fat cream cheese and pour a jar of Strawberry “Sweet Heat” Salsa over it. Serve with your favorite crackers. Frito corn chips are another great snack to eat this with.
- Repeat Way # 10, and substitute a block of sharp cheddar cheese for the cream cheese. Garnish with toasted pepito seeds. Serve with your favorite crackers.
- Mix one jar of Strawberry “Sweet Heat” Salsa with 1cup sour cream, not the low fat kind either. Serve with Tortilla chips.
- Mix one jar of Strawberry “Sweet Heat” Salsa with one small jar melted Cheeze Wiz. Eat with tortilla chips.
- Line a baking casserole with 4 boneless and skinless chicken breasts. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with slices of one lemon. Pour one jar of Strawberry “Sweet Heat” Salsa over the chicken, cover with foil and bake for 60 minutes at 350 degrees. Serve with steamed rice, or better yet, serve with creamy mashed potatoes.
- Make a Taco Salad with Chicken. Use leftover chicken from Way #6 to top a bowl of mixed salad greens. Add chopped tomatoes, red onion, shredded yellow or white cheese, and spoon Strawberry “Sweet Heat” Salsa over all of it. Add 2 tablespoons of real sour cream and garnish with chopped cilantro for a kickin’ good taco salad.
- Ice cream. YES, she said ice cream! You’ve heard of strawberries over ice cream haven’t you? Try this: drizzle 3-4 spoonfuls of Strawberry “Sweet Heat” Salsa over your favorite vanilla ice cream. Don’t waste your time with non-fat ice cream. You will like the way the cool ice cream cuts the “Sweet Heat.”
- Mix a couple of spoonfuls of real mayonnaise with a couple of spoonfuls of Strawberry “Sweet Heat” Salsa. Spread this on your baked turkey or ham sandwich. Garnish with sliced red onion and cheddar cheese. Don’t forget to add the dill pickle on the side!
- As long as you have the real mayonnaise out, mix a little more with Strawberry “Sweet Heat” Salsa to make a really yummy vegetable dip. Serve with your favorite vegetables, but please, no more jalapeno peppers.
- And the #1 Way to serve the delicious and addictive Strawberry “Sweet Heat” Salsa is to pour it into a nice big bowl. Open a bag of tortilla chips. Sit down with your favorite beer (if you are over 21) or soft drink. Make sure no one is watching, then eat the ENTIRE bowl.