Strawberry “Sweet Heat” Salsa continues to be a hot commodity after more than 15 years! Your salsa purchase at the Troy Strawberry Festival each June or through these vendors year-round are helping make our Troy students’ educational dreams a reality. Each jar’s profit supports Last Dollar Grant scholarship programming through The Future Begins Today!
Need an awesome gift idea? The gourmet jar and the “Troy, Ohio” mention on the label makes it even more special!
Now available online! Click here to purchase online.
Our Strawberry “Sweet Heat” Salsa is also available at these fine retailers in Troy, Ohio:
3 Weird Sisters Studio
15 South Market St.
Bakehouse Bread & Cookie Co.
317 Public Sq. SW
2 E. Main St.
Winans Chocolates + Coffees
10 W. Main St. – Downtown Troy
We asked our chef to share her TOP 10 LIST of how to enjoy this delicious Strawberry Salsa:
- Line a plate or a large rimmed bowl with lettuce. Put down a block of full of fat cream cheese and pour a jar of Strawberry “Sweet Heat” Salsa over it. Serve with your favorite crackers. Frito corn chips are another great snack to eat this with.
- Repeat Way # 10, and substitute a block of sharp cheddar cheese for the cream cheese. Garnish with toasted pepito seeds. Serve with your favorite crackers.
- Mix one jar of Strawberry “Sweet Heat” Salsa with 1cup sour cream, not the low fat kind either. Serve with Tortilla chips.
- Mix one jar of Strawberry “Sweet Heat” Salsa with one small jar melted Cheeze Wiz. Eat with tortilla chips.
- Line a baking casserole with 4 boneless and skinless chicken breasts. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with slices of one lemon. Pour one jar of Strawberry “Sweet Heat” Salsa over the chicken, cover with foil and bake for 60 minutes at 350 degrees. Serve with steamed rice, or better yet, serve with creamy mashed potatoes.
- Make a Taco Salad with Chicken. Use leftover chicken from Way #6 to top a bowl of mixed salad greens. Add chopped tomatoes, red onion, shredded yellow or white cheese, and spoon Strawberry “Sweet Heat” Salsa over all of it. Add 2 tablespoons of real sour cream and garnish with chopped cilantro for a kickin’ good taco salad.
- Ice cream. YES, she said ice cream! You’ve heard of strawberries over ice cream haven’t you? Try this: drizzle 3-4 spoonfuls of Strawberry “Sweet Heat” Salsa over your favorite vanilla ice cream. Don’t waste your time with non-fat ice cream. You will like the way the cool ice cream cuts the “Sweet Heat.”
- Mix a couple of spoonfuls of real mayonnaise with a couple of spoonfuls of Strawberry “Sweet Heat” Salsa. Spread this on your baked turkey or ham sandwich. Garnish with sliced red onion and cheddar cheese. Don’t forget to add the dill pickle on the side!
- As long as you have the real mayonnaise out, mix a little more with Strawberry “Sweet Heat” Salsa to make a really yummy vegetable dip. Serve with your favorite vegetables, but please, no more jalapeno peppers.
- And the #1 Way to serve the delicious and addictive Strawberry “Sweet Heat” Salsa is to pour it into a nice big bowl. Open a bag of tortilla chips. Sit down with your favorite beer (if you are over 21) or soft drink. Make sure no one is watching, then eat the ENTIRE bowl.